At Annandale Village, we know that individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities want the opportunity to spend their days achieving goals, interacting with others, and enjoying meaningful activities. Our Day Programs offer a wide variety of structured activities, supportive instruction, and opportunities for social skills-building both on our 55-acre campus and at local venues, offering each adult the chance to make new friends while being an active member of their communities.
Specifically designed for individuals who reside with loved ones in the local area or with other service providers, the Day Programs allow for each individual’s experience to be uniquely structured. Annandale’s modern facilities provide areas for large group activities, as well as smaller classrooms equipped with specialized technology and materials where individuals can work on personalized goals. Program participants also have the opportunity to attend community outings, including trips to museums, parks and other events throughout the region.
Services provided by our Day Programs that may assist individuals in achieving personal goals include:
- Provides meaningful life experiences that enhance a participant’s independence and encourage full participation in the community
- Improves independent living skills through dynamic, community-based services
- Enables contribution to the community through volunteering and participation in community organizations
- Encourages participants to gain greater independence, improve communication skills, develop self-advocacy skills, make choices and direct actions
- Offers prevocational services that encourage and enable personal contribution and social growth through community-based services by engaging participants in the development of employment-readiness skills.
Services are funded through the NOW/COMP Medicaid Waivers and private pay resources.