Annandale Village offers families the security of knowing their loved one will be provided a well-rounded life experience – with opportunities for success and growth in all areas, – daily living, life skills, work, socialization, leisure activities, health and wellness, and the creative and performing arts.
Our Life Enrichment Programs focus on personal choice while recognizing the strengths, skills, interests, abilities, and often complex needs of the individuals we serve. Our vision is to encourage and fully support residents in living happier, healthier lifestyles by becoming personally involved and engaged in taking ownership of their own goals and well-being.
Annandale’s calendar of events and daily program center offerings incorporate seven life enrichment components to promote overall purpose, self-esteem and wellness.
- Emotional: Having a strong sense of self-worth, being aware of and accepting feelings, and coping with challenges in a positive way.
- Environmental: Respecting resources, choosing green options, and finding ways to appreciate nature.
- Intellectual: Engaging in new and challenging activities, participating in lifelong learning pursuits, and sharing ideas with others.
- Occupational: Living a life of purpose, utilizing unique skills and passions, and cultivating personal satisfaction.
Making healthy lifestyle choices to maintain or improve health and function through physical activity, good nutrition, adequate sleep, and stress management.
- Social: Creating and maintaining healthy relationships, engaging in positive interactions, and feeling connected to the Annandale and surrounding community.
- Spiritual: Living with a sense of purpose, being guided by personal values, and finding a connection to the world and others.
Health & Wellness
Annandale Village is committed to promoting an active, healthy lifestyle and regular exercise is a key component of daily programming. Our recreation and wellness classes focus on maintaining or improving cardiovascular endurance, balance, strength and flexibility through a variety of creative mediums. Each day, our residents are actively involved in a wide range of activities, including gardening, swimming, intramural sports, Special Olympics, and other exercise classes utilizing state-of-the-art fitness equipment specifically chosen to safely meet their unique fitness goals.
Creative & Performing Arts
Annandale Village has a rich tradition of offering quality instruction and opportunities in the areas of music, theatre performance, and the visual arts. Annandale believes that each individual should have the opportunity to express themselves by learning and developing new talents and skills, while displaying their individuality and creativity. Our daily Creative & Performing Arts program offerings help develop a sense of independence, self-confidence, and pride in their accomplishments while also promoting teamwork and the importance of collaboration and cooperation among peers.
- Knitting and needlework
- Art History
- Theatre production
- Talent Shows and Pageants
Leisure & Community Activities
Annandale Village helps adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities become active participants in their community. We believe that being involved in the community promotes independence and enhances the quality of life for all people with disabilities. Our highly skilled staff helps each person served reach greater levels of self-sufficiency by developing specific skills needed to participate in activities and events that help them integrate with others in the local community. We provide opportunities to develop relationships both inside and outside of the campus setting to ensure our residents can learn, practice and apply life skills that promote greater independence.