Annandale at Suwanee, Inc.
Scott Hudgens Center for Skilled Nursing
Position Title: Certified Nursing Assistant
Reports To: Director of Nursing
Effective Date: November 30, 2012
Position Description: Performs non-professional direct care duties under the direction and supervision of the LPN Charge Nurse and assists in maintaining a positive physical, social and psychological environment for the residents.
Minimum Qualifications: Must be a Certified Nursing Assistant in good standing and meet all applicable federal and Georgia state certification requirements; speak and understand English and able to read, write and follow oral and written instructions. Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Class C Georgia Driver’s License, proof of vehicle insurance, and meet company policy regarding MVR requirements. Must meet state requirements regarding a Georgia, National, and FBI criminal history record check which requires fingerprinting. Must undergo and pass a drug screening, and screening for Tuberculosis and Hepatitis B. Must have current CPR/First Aid certification in accordance with state regulations.
- Organizational Ethics and Compliance
- Customer Service
- Safety and Security
- Job Knowledge
- Problem Solving
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists residents with daily bath, dressing, grooming, dental care, bowel and bladder functions, preparation for medical tests and exams, ear and eye care and positioning in and out of bed, chairs, bathtubs, etc.
- Will work with residents with developmental disabilities.
- May accompany residents to medical visits outside of facility as assigned.
- Will assist in daily group and 1on 1 activities program for residents.
- Will review resident kardex daily.
- Provides nursing functions as directed by the LPN Charge Nurse including daily perineal care, catheter care, turn residents in bed, sponge baths, measure and record temperature, pulse and respirations, weigh and measure residents, perform restorative and rehabilitative procedures and observe and report presence of skin breakdown.
- Monitors all clinical documentation to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and completeness.
- Report changes in resident conditions to the charge nurse; and document all necessary information and data and report all accidents, incidents and safety issues.
- Prepares residents for meals and snacks; identifies food arrangement and assists in feeding residents as needed; records food intake; and performs after-meal resident care.
- Maintains resident confidentiality; treats residents with kindness, dignity and respect; knows and complies with Resident’s Rights rules; and promptly reports all resident complaints, accidents and incidents to the charge nurse.
- Assists as directed in proper admission, transfer and discharge of residents; inventories resident possessions and reports food articles and medications found in resident rooms; and reports defective equipment to administration.
- Understands and uses Universal Precautions and follows established infection control, hazardous communication and other safety rules; ensures cleanliness of assigned residents’ rooms; properly maintains and records resident restraints; and promptly reports all violations of safety and sanitation rules to the charge nurse.
- Attends and participates in orientation, training, educational activities and staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands; use fingers; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk; and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, and walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, or crawl. Employee is required to lift up to 25 pounds and/or move up to 75 pounds (with assistance). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Employee is required to transport (drive) and assist Villagers in and out of vehicles. Employee is required to perform CPR/First Aid.