Annandale Village’s COVID-19 Response
In response to the COVID-19 crisis, Annandale Village has remained steadfast in its commitment to keep Villagers and staff as safe as possible. The below guidelines are intended to keep Annandale safe and secure, particularly the most vulnerable Villagers who reside in the D. Scott Hudgens Center for Skilled Nursing. All of Annandale’s residents are considered vulnerable, however, and Annandale Senior Managers and staff are working tirelessly to ensure the best quality of life possible, despite the current restrictions.
Annandale Village follows the recommendations and procedures put in place by various medical professionals including the Georgia Department of Public Health, The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), and The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We are also adhering to the guidelines set forth in the Executive Order put in place by the Governor’s Office declaring a shelter in place for all long-term care facilities in the State of Georgia.
We appreciate your compliance, and we look forward to the day when we can gather again, safely. If you have questions or concerns regarding Annandale Village’s COVID-19 safety measures and protocols, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Your inquiry will be answered within 24 hours.
• No visitors are allowed on Annandale’s campus at this time, including families.*
• Annandale employees’ temperature is checked each day, when they arrive for their shift.
• Non-essential Annandale employees will work from home.
• All Annandale staff on campus will wear a surgical mask at all times; staff in direct contact with Villagers will wear a surgical mask and face shield. If staff are working with anyone who tested positive for the coronavirus or suspected to have the virus, they will wear full PPE, including an N95 mask. Staff may request additional PPE at any time.
• Villagers will be monitored closely and tested for COVID-19 when appropriate.
• All skilled nursing home staff and Villagers will be tested twice weekly in compliance with CMS guidelines, which is subject to change dependent upon the local positivity rate.
• Quarantines will be implemented in the event of exposure or positive case.
• Villagers who return to campus after at-home visits will receive an antigen test at the front entrance. A positive test will result in a return home for a 14-day quarantine period.
• Villagers will not travel to off-campus employment at this time.
• All large group gatherings have been suspended.
• Villagers will be required to wear masks, as often as possible.
*Compassionate care visits will be considered on a case by case basis
These guidelines and procedures are constantly changing. Weekly communication will be sent by Annandale’s Chief Executive Officer, Adam Pomeranz, via email to families, staff and Board Members and will contain the most up to date and accurate information.