Position Title: Food Service Aide
Reports To: Food Service Manager
Apply for Food Services Aide HERE
Position Description: Assist with the preparation and serving of meals and maintaining sanitary conditions as regulated by the state in the kitchen and dining area. Assists in the supervision of Villagers and work groups in cleaning of the cafeteria and kitchen area.
Minimum Qualifications: Ability to cook, prepare and serve a variety of foods according to written or oral instructions; ability to communicate with and instruct Villagers and work groups. Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Class C Georgia Driver’s License, proof of vehicle insurance, and meet company policy regarding MVR requirements. Must meet state requirements regarding a Georgia, National, and FBI criminal history record check which requires fingerprinting. Must undergo and pass a drug screening, and screening for Tuberculosis and Hepatitis B. Must have current CPR/First Aid certification in accordance with state regulations.
- Organizational Ethics and Compliance
- Customer Service
- Safety and Security
- Job Knowledge
- Problem Solving
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals on schedule to meet dietary needs of the Villager.
- Portion food according to standard procedure and dietary requirements of the Villagers.
- Maintain clean and orderly work area, storerooms, coolers and cafeteria, including sweeping and mopping.
- Consistently follow quality assurance program to meet health, sanitation and licensing requirements.
- Assists with proper storage of foods packaged and cooked.
- Assists in the supervision and training of Villagers in the kitchen.
- Observes and adheres to county and state health and sanitation standards.
- Prepares and serves nutritious meals on schedule to meet the dietary needs of the Villagers at D. Scott Hudgens.
- Transports and serves food at D. Scott Hudgens as instructed by dietitian.
- Attends all required and assigned trainings and meetings.
- Performs other duties that may be necessary in the best interest of Annandale at Suwanee, Inc. to meet the personal service and care needs of the facility residents.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
- Ability to read, write, and speak English; add, subtract and utilize measuring devices.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands; use fingers; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk; and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, and walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, or crawl. Employee is required to lift up to 25 pounds and/or move up to 75 pounds (with assistance). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Employee is required to transport (drive) and assist Villagers in and out of vehicles. Employee is required to perform CPR/First Aid.