Position Title: Independent Living Program Manager
Reports To: Residential Manager/Chief Operating Officer (?)
Effective Date: March 5, 2015
Position Description: The Independent Living Program Manager will develop and implement the independent living program based on the approved criteria for the program. Primary duties include identifying appropriate housing and transportation options, identifying and training Villagers who qualify for the program, working with families to establish living arrangements, job and life coaching to ensure success of the Villager in an independent setting.
Minimum Qualifications: Master’s Degree in Social Work or related human services field with at least 5 years experience in a social services capacity preferably with some experience in independent living programs; Professional experience supporting adults with developmental disabilities and mental health concerns; managerial experience preferred.
- Analytical Skills
- Business Ethics and Compliance
- Conflict Resolution
- Continuous Learning
- Managing Customer Focus
- Managing People
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Safety Management
- Use of Technology
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies/assesses areas of needed support and provides training as needed.
- Coordinate Annandale support including but not limited to emergency response and benefits coordination.
- Facilitate home services such as locating appropriate housing, compatible roommates, and oversees superintendent/landlord relations. Will also assist with securing professional services as needed.
- Provide Quality Assurance oversight for the program.
- Responsible for documenting progress in the program and evaluating support needs.
- Secures and reviews pertinent information regarding Villager placement and success. Makes recommendations for program placement.
- Facilitate development of goals and developing a plan to achieve those goals.
- Re-assess on a regular basis
- Provides counseling to Villagers as needed individually or in groups.
- Acts as an advocate for the Villagers with their families, other staff, and providers.
- Participates in the Programs and Services weekly staff meeting
- Serves as a member of the Admissions Team
- Participates in social events and activities as needed including parties, outings, etc.
- Provides scheduling for weekend and after hours activities Responsible for hiring, disciplinary actions, and evaluations for independent living program staff.
- Attends all required and assigned trainings and meetings
- Participates on the Annandale Leadership Team
- Performs other duties that may be necessary in the best interest of Annandale at Suwanee, Inc. to meet the personal service and care needs of the facility residents.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to problem solve and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to problem solve and deal with a variety of concrete variables required. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk; hear, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, or crawl. Employee may need to lift up to 25 pounds and/or move up to 75 pounds (with assistance).