Annandale at Suwanee, Inc.
Annandale Village Center for Continued Care
Position Title: Life Enrichment Coordinator
Reports To: Assisted Living Community Administrator
Effective Date: March 7, 2016
Position Description: Responsible for planning, scheduling and implementing all components of the Life Enrichment Program that takes place seven days a week and addresses Villagers’ interests, functional abilities and self-esteem. Assist with training and maintaining a competent Villager centered staff and a cohesive, cooperative team. Responsible for staffing schedule that maintains appropriate staff to resident ratios.
Minimum Qualifications: Must have taken TOFHLA exam at the community before hiring with a score of at least 80%. Speak and understand English and able to read, write and follow oral and written instructions. Must have a High School diploma or general education diploma (GED). Must have previous experience in working with intellectually / developmentally disabled and have previous experience in event or activity planning and implementation. NAAP Certification is preferred. Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Class C Georgia Driver’s License, proof of vehicle insurance, and meet company policy regarding MVR requirements. Must meet state requirements regarding a Georgia, National, and FBI criminal history record check which requires fingerprinting. Must undergo and pass a drug screen, and screening for Tuberculosis and Hepatitis B. Must maintain current CPR/First Aid certification in accordance with state regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, facilitates and schedules a variety of activities (one to one visits, small and large groups) that are at different times of the day, cost conscious, on and off campus, and held seven days a week.
- Creates, maintains, dispenses and posts monthly activity calendars for Villagers’ reference. Provides reminder flyers or notices and encourages Villagers to attend activities, as needed. Organizes Community bulletin boards as related to activities.
- Assist Villagers with hobby or craft interests and obtaining materials to continue those hobbies if they choose. Provides supplies for Villagers to use for spontaneous individual or small group activities as they desire.
- Plans, organizes and executes special and private events to include family members and/or the community at large throughout the year.
- Schedules and assists Villagers in exercise activities.
- Arranges for outside groups or individuals to provide in-house entertainment as the budget permits.
- Keeps records of resident attendance at planned activities and their satisfaction level.
- Obtains Villagers Activity Interest Survey and updates as needed.
- Facilitates regular Community meetings and assists Village Council representative with reminders to attend meetings and with reports to other Villagers in community as needed
- Assists with orientation and supervision of volunteers.
- Establishes and maintains departmental staffing schedule to meet community needs as per regulations.
- Assists with the coordination of ordering of supplies for the community. Requests and maintains adequate stock of supplies to conduct planned events, activities, programs and spontaneous use.
- Assists with training of staff on their scope of duties for orientation and ongoing needs. Provides input for evaluation of staff competencies as requested. Participates in interviews of applicants as requested.
- Assists with Emergency Response Plan and Missing Villager Protocol etc., drills through orientation & on-going training of staff and participation as needed.
- Provides input for annual budget preparation representing the needs of assigned area.
- Participates in the Quality Assurance initiatives of the community.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and competency in protecting the rights, dignity and individuality of Villagers and others.
- Complies with all Annandale policies, procedures and dress code; is punctual and reliable in performance of his/her duties.
- Follow established safety procedures when performing tasks and/or working with equipment and / or Villager.
- Participates in mandatory in-service training and continues to work on maintaining and improving job related skill sets and departmental services through continuing education opportunities, as available. Remains current with new and interesting trends in the activities profession.
- Performs other duties within scope of his/her training and abilities as needed or as assigned and informs the Administrator when he/she does not have the skill sets to do needed or assigned tasks so additional assistance can be obtained.
- Meets all state licensing and contract requirements and abides by Annandale policies and procedures.
- Attends all required and assigned trainings and meetings.
- Performs other duties that may be necessary in the best interest of Annandale at Suwanee, Inc. to meet the personal service and care needs of the facility residents.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands; use fingers; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk; and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, and walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, or crawl. Employee is required to lift up to 25 pounds and/or move up to 75 pounds (with assistance). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Employee is required to transport (drive) and assist Villagers in and out of vehicles. Employee is required to perform CPR/First Aid.