Position Title: Maintenance Technician
Reports To: Property & Facility Manager
Position Description: High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) with a minimum of 2 years related experience and/or training. Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Class C Georgia Driver’s License, proof of vehicle insurance, and meet company policy regarding MVR requirements. Must meet state requirements regarding a Georgia, National, and FBI criminal history record check which requires fingerprinting. Must undergo and pass a drug screening, and screening for Tuberculosis and Hepatitis B. Must have current CPR/First Aid certification in accordance with state regulations.
Adaptability; Organizational Ethics and Compliance; Customer Service; Initiative; Dependability; Safety and Security; Communications; Cooperation; Teamwork; Job Knowledge; Judgment; Problem Solving; Quality; and Quantity
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains campus and all facilities to ensure facilities and equipment are safe and in good repair.
- Ensures that facilities and property meet state, county, and Annandale requirements.
- Performs any required preventative maintenance on equipment in all facilities.
- Completes plumbing, minor electrical, painting, other repairs and renovations to facilities or property upon request.
- Assists in moving Villagers and miscellaneous items as required.
- Performs Villager security upon request.
- Monitors the Villagers in the cafeteria as scheduled.
- Assists with setup and takedown of special events, meetings, and fundraisers.
- Attends all required and assigned trainings and meetings.
- Performs other duties that may be necessary in the best interest of Annandale at Suwanee, Inc. to meet the personal service and care needs of the facility residents.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to problem solve and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands; use fingers; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk; and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, and walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, or crawl. Employee is required to lift and move objects up to 75 pounds consistently with heavier weight necessary at times (with assistance). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Employee may be required to transport (drive) and assist Villagers in and out of vehicles. Employee is required to perform CPR/First Aid.