Position Title: Music Instructor
Reports To: Programs Center Manager
Effective Date: July 1, 2015
Position Description: Responsible for planning and implementing a quality program of music activities including, but not limited to, group and individual activities, music appreciation, facilitating music appreciation/history, facilitating music/voice lessons, and performance readiness.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in music therapy or related music field, Special Education, or related field with a minimum of 2 years’ experience working with MR/MH/DD population. Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid GA driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance. Must meet state requirements regarding a Georgia and National criminal record history investigation, which shall include a fingerprint records check. Must undergo and pass a drug screening, testing for Tuberculosis and Hepatitis B.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Conflict Resolution Skills
- Highly Organized
- Problem Solving Skills
- Excellent Computer Skills (MS Word, Excel, Power Point)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, instructs, demonstrates, and assists Villagers in learning/performing various music/vocal activities.
- Provides engaging programming on assigned Saturdays
- Provide music activities for the Community Access Program, Skilled Nursing Center and Assisted Living Center.
- Develop and lead Village performance groups such as choir, band, etc.
- Acts as liaison with community for guest instructors and performance opportunities.
- Works with other departments in the Program Center and the Activity Coordinator to develop and implement engaging programming and activities.
- Plans and/or assists in planning parties, field trips, and special activities to include monitoring of Villagers at these events.
- Provides monitoring at the dining hall as assigned. (Breakfast/lunch)
- Responsible for adapting activities to meet the developmental abilities of all Villagers and to address their goals in lesson planning, monitoring and implementation.
- Responsible for upkeep of music equipment, supplies, and other operating materials.
- Provide documentation in the electronic record system related to Villager performance and participation.
- Supports other Program Center activities/areas as needed.
- Assists with Villager hygiene as needed.
- Attends all required and assigned trainings and meetings.
- Performs other duties that may be necessary in the best interest of Annandale at Suwanee, Inc. to meet the personal service and care needs of the facility residents.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
- Ability to read, write, and speak English, count, add and subtract.
- Ability to problem solve and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to problem solve and deal with a variety of concrete variables required. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk; hear, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, or crawl. Employee may need to lift up to 25 pounds and/or move up to 50 pounds (with assistance).