Annandale at Suwanee, Inc.
Position Title: Residential Support Staff
Reports To: Residential Services Manager
Effective Date: March 28, 2016
Position Description: Responsible for monitoring the Village and the Villagers on weekends and evenings when administration is closed to ensure the health and safety of all our Villagers, visitors and employees.
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED with up to 1 year related experience preferred. Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Class C Georgia Driver’s License, proof of vehicle insurance, and meet company policy regarding MVR requirements. Must meet state requirements regarding a Georgia, National, and FBI criminal history record check which requires fingerprinting. Must undergo and pass a drug screening, and screening for Tuberculosis and Hepatitis B. Must have current CPR/First Aid certification in accordance with state regulations.
- Good Customer Service
- Safety and Security
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Team Player
- Problem Solving Skills
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors and secures Villagers in the evenings, on weekends, and in inclement weather to ensure all Villagers are safe and are being cared for properly.
- Assists with monthly fire drills in each house and complete Fire Drill Report.
- Monitors meals in the cafeteria as needed.
- Transports Villagers when needed to activities, Not allowed to leave campus unless otherwise instructed.
- Assists any community service workers or volunteers that are on grounds in evenings or on weekends.
- Contacts management personnel in the event of an incident or emergency.
- Helps set up and serve food for any special meetings, parties, inclement weather, etc.
- Monitors Villagers at special events.
- Residential Supply ordering and distribution process bi-monthly. See Supply List Process separate.
- Reports incidents of behaviors to appropriate personnel and thoroughly documents on Incident Report form.
- Attends all required and assigned trainings.
- Troubleshoot minor maintenance concerns / training will be provided.
- Must stop and redirect any unfamiliar vehicle(s).
- Performs other duties in the best interest of Annandale Village to meet the personal service and care needs of the Villagers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to problem solve and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands; use fingers; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk; and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, and walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, or crawl. Employee is required to lift up to 25 pounds and/or move up to 75 pounds (with assistance). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Employee is required to transport (drive) and assist Villagers in and out of vehicles. Employee is required to perform CPR/First Aid.